Why is Facebook like sex?
Seriously, we all want it, we all think about and when it comes to doing it… we all think we’re much better at it than we really are.
While it might appear a shocking statement at first glance, some social networks (like Facebook) have a surprising number of similarities to sex. This extended metaphor is based on some rather obvious (and soon to be disclosed) characteristics of the social network.
Here is a list of the top reasons, why Facebook is like sex:
- People are hesitant at first, and aren’t sure if their doing it right. We’ve all felt like that at some point, but really you need to practice it more, so you can GET GOOD at it.
2. The basics are easy to figure out, but more advanced skills can be learned in a book, from a good coach or from online research. Be careful what you pay for, not ALL advice is good or relevant advice.
3. Once people get the hang of it, they tend to get addicted, and they’ll want to do it more often. Admit it, we’ve all been there.
4. It’s so much fun that people usually do it for free, although some people do get paid to do it too. We get paid to do it too and do it any chance we get…
5. One mistake can follow you for life, so choose your words and photos carefully. It’s something that no one wants to talk about, so be sure you’ve got some protection, in case of emergencies.
6. It’s best to avoid doing it at work, unless it’s your job. Well that’s pretty obvious, although a quick one at lunch time, always helps.
7. Comments are generally welcomed, and everyone has an opinion. Yep, sounds familiar…
8. It can be difficult to come up with new ideas that are still exciting and engaging. Repetition can be boring, so always try to spice things up a little.
9. People often take the time to do it before going to sleep and when they first wake up. It’s that pull down and release, we’re all looking for (online…)
10. The best results often occur when there is a lot of passion involved. Need we say more?
Of course, the experience is most satisfying for everyone when the enjoyment is obvious. “Life without it might be safer, but it would be unbearably dull” (HL Mencken).
The Brand for Brands is providing social media marketing in Sydney, get in touch with us to get services.We translate your vision, into effective branded communication. Stella Gianotto
Executive Creative Director
Brand for Brands Agency
BRANDING – GRAPHIC DESIGN -WEBSITE DESIGN – SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING – DIRECT MARKETING
Hey very interesting!